So what's been happening in my world...I think the last time I updated for real...I was in the middle of a week of nothing. Oh does that seem like ancient history!
1. Vacation was great! Definitely recharged the battery and got me set to get back to the grind. At least I thought... I've decided that I need a TRUE vacation at some point in the next 6-8 months. Anyone interested in looking into something? It'll be good for your mental health too!
2. Training. It is definitely going well! I ran 18 miles the Friday morning of vacation. Ended up running around the various suburban neighborhoods and fortunately didn't get too lost...really wasn't in the mood for an adventure:p If you would have told me a few months ago I'd be a running machine, I would have laughed at you! But I will tell you this, once you start you can't stop...it's very addicting! In addition I am under 2 months until the big one....it seems like not so long ago it was march and I was only considering this whole marathon thing. This weekend I will be running the Philly Distance Run (1/2 marathon) plus 7 for a 20 miler. The next 20 miler will be in NYC and I'm hoping to plan a tour of the island....instead of 3 loops around the park.
Which reminds me...marathon. Anyone still planning on making the trip up here? If you are, I'm planning on having a "carb" party Sat night:0) Take that Fatkins!;0)
3. Work. I've been working like crazzzzzzzzzy. I'm beginning to think that we are working to the point of having to hire a new person in our department. Considering I had to work all weekend and came in 2 hours early today. Hopefully if we do, it's a better scenario than the last time!
4. Past weekend. Ended up pretty much being a continuation of the week. Ended up working 8 hours on Saturday and another 5 on Sunday. Fortunately, I had "extracurricular" activities to pull me away. Saturday night called for bar and football watching of PSU...I somehow ended up with a free corona. Definitely not complaining! Sunday I had planned to meet up with roommate #1 from NYC prior to the nonsense that took place at work. When she called I used it as an excuse to leave for a few hours. Ended up leaving in the middle of the day for some serious hardcore shopping at Century 21. Ended up getting a new pair of cordoruy pants, purple sweater, purple and beige shirt to match pants, and a going out spaghetti strap tank. Amazing how easy it is to spend money;0) It was good to see her again though...I'm still amazed that it's been 8 months since she moved out....incredible. Felt bad that I couldn't do anything else but my day was jam packed. Went back to the office for a few hours then headed back to the apt. Ended up running 5 miles in the park before crashing.
5. Politics. So today the gun ban law "expires." I'm not talking about a shotgun or hunting rifle...semiautomatics, AK-47s, etc. Naturally the big bad NRA expands its power and even though there has been agreement that having the ban is a good thing...it is due to expire today. So starting tomorrow it is theoretically possible to go to your nearest Wal-Mart for a semiautomatic. Good going Washington....
6. The Osama hunt. So who thinks that beginning of October we magically "find" bin laden?
7. Football is back. EAGLES!! This is the year....
Well I'm out of energy so I guess that's it for now.