Mmmm peanut butter cookies...
So I decided to make some peanut butter cookies this afternoon since I missed out on my usual cookie making during the week due to the transit strike!
1/2 cup butter softened (1 stick)
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy) (I used crunchy natural peanut butter!)
1/2 cup sugar (I used splenda/sugar blend)
2 tablespoons corn syrup (I substituted with water/sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
granulated sugar, for rolling
- Beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar, corn syrup, egg and vanilla; blend well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt add to peanut butter mixture, blending well.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into about 30 (about 1 1/4") balls.
- Press a kiss into each ball, covering completely with dough; reshape into balls and roll in granulated sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheet; then cool completely on wire racks.
- Set aside 30 kisses and place remaining ones in a heavy duty resealable plastic food storage bag (I used microwaveable bowl).
- Microwave at 50% for 1 minute and knead. If necessary, microwave at 15 second intervals, kneading after each heating until chocolates are melted and smooth.
- Cut small piece from corner of bag and drizzle chocolate over cookies.
- Place a kiss in the center of each cookie.
<td class="amt" align="right" nowrap="noWrap" valign="top">